'Flying from your desk!' How to maximise cross-cultural and international business behaviour
In this clear, concise and practical course, Debby and Eilidh cut to the heart of the cultural diversity issues we all face when dealing with people for different backgrounds. In today's world of expanding international business, staff often interact with numerous nationalities and cultures, both at home and abroad.
Effective communication with different cultural groups is essential for success. It adds another element to the challenging task of maintaining good relationships in order to achieve your objectives. Mutually supportive personal relationships lead to successful business outcomes and these flourish when understanding and respect is shown for another's cultural position. Many people are not aware of how cultural differences drive communication styles.
Connecting successfully with foreign colleagues, customers or suppliers involves communicating with them from their cultural position, not yours. In so doing, you'll achieve much greater levels of support and co-operation which will ultimately leading to more profitable outcomes. Eilidh and Debby share the challenges of communicating across cultures based on decades of experience of living and working abroad. They explain what makes us different and how to communicate with colleagues and business partners from their cultural perspective.
During this interactive and upbeat workshop you'll learn why we are all different. The dynamic duo will help you learn useful techniques that you can apply when working and communicating with different nationalities. You'll retain their respect and build bridges of success for yourself and your organisation. You're guaranteed to enjoy learning and connecting in the global workplace through the enlightening engagement of this one-day workshop.
- Appreciate the challenges created by workforce globalisation,
- Identify why your culture differs from that of others,
- Avoid inappropriate behaviour that often creates difficult or conflict situations,
- Learn essentials of appropriate business etiquette in other countries,
- Understand how changing your frame of reference ensures better communication,
- Improve relationships by using cross-cultural knowledge and experience,
- Improve your connectivity with people of different nationalities,
- Appear confident and relaxed when interacting with people from other cultures,
- Become more effective when dealing with difficult situations and problem solving,
- Develop more productive and happy relationships both at work and socially.